Arctic Club Award
The Arctic Club seeks to promote and support interesting, innovative and adventurous expeditions in the Arctic, particularly for young people. Grants are awarded annually from the Arctic Club Award Fund, held within the Gino Watkins Memorial Fund (Charity 274471), and administered by the Committee of Fund Managers (which includes Arctic Club members). Applications for an award must be made to the Gino Watkins Memorial Fund by 31 January each year. Each year, one or more expeditions are given an Arctic Club Award and receive a combined grant from both the Gino Watkins Memorial Fund and the Arctic Club Award Fund. Grants to successful applicants are announced in March. Members of these expeditions are our guests at the next Arctic Club Dinner.
Members and organisations with Arctic interests are encouraged to make donations to the Arctic Club Award Fund. If you would like to make a donation (which can include Gift Aid), please contact the Hon.Secretary. See the Gino Watkins Memorial Fund for further information, including the latest accounts for the Arctic Club Award (a Restricted Income Fund within the GWMF accounts).
Arctic Club Award Expeditions 2018
Expeditions for 2018 will be announced here.
Arctic Club Award Expeditions 2001 - 2017
- Stauning Alps, Greenland 2017
- Svalbard Glaciers 2017 Expedition Report
- Spitsbergen Retraced 2016
- Sailing to Svalbard 2015
- Cape Farewell: Summer 2014
- East Greenland Summer 2013
- West Lancashire Scouts Greenland 2012
- Imperial College Svalbard Expedition 2011
- Unclimbed Walls of Baffin 2010
- Imperial College East Greenland 2009
- Greenland Renland Expedition 2008
- East Greenland (Sortebrae) Expedition 2007
- Oxford University Greenland Expedition 2006
- Greenland East Coast Kayak Expedition 2006 [2005 Award]
- Imperial College Trans-Greenland 2004
- Baffin Island 2003
- Cambridge Greenland Glaciology Expedition 2002
- Lanchester Greenland 2001